When Steve Jobs announced the iPad 2, he mentioned that it was also HDMI compatible and could be connected directly to the TV. Here’s a demo how of the HDMI to HDMI connector works and looks on the big(ger) screen.
What are the use-cases for this?
- Presentations: If you’re running Keynote for iPad, it’s a great solution
- Photos: Show your photos easily to a group of people
- Video Chats: Use the big screen to see your buddy on FaceTime
- Website/App Demos: A great way to demo to large groups
- Movies: Watch your iTunes or YouTube videos in full screen
If you have an AppleTV, 2 & 5 are less exciting as you can do the same thing wirelessly using AirPlay. However, as I showed in the video, the HDMI cable is perfect for video players that don’t (yet) support AirPlay like the ABC full episode player and the Xfinity iPad app’s “Play Now.”